Friday 11 June 2010

South Africa 2010

It's here!  The World Cup 2010 starts today.  I can't believe how quickly it has come round. 

The opening ceremony starts at 1pm BST and is followed by South Africa vs Mexico and later, Uruguay vs France.  England face USA tomorrow and despite England's unconvincing performances of late I can't wait.

I'm hoping for a good tournament. My social life for the next month or so will revolve around this and any plans I make will only be after I have consulted the fixtures.

I didn't watch The World Cup Concert last night, it just wasn't for me. Alicia Keys, Shakira, Black Eyed Peas are not really my sort of thing but from 1pm today I will be in front of the TV. 

I'm not going to make any predictions as to who will win the tournament.  In all honesty, if it's not England, I don't care but I am looking forward to some great matches and some great football.