Thursday 17 June 2010

Football Fixtures

So, the football fixtures have been released today.  I always look forward to them coming out.  The first thing I do is look at the last game of the season.  Are we home or away?  I prefer to be away as it is more of an occasion.  The next thing I look for is our opening game.  I prefer one of the big clubs because, if I'm honest, it means we get them out of the way.  Finally I look to see when we play Aston Villa. I'm sure I've mentioned I support Birmingham. Villa are our biggest rivals.

Our last game of the coming season is Tottenham away. As much as I like the away trips, I just hope that we don't need the points at that stage of the season because I don't think we'll get anything there.

This year I have another couple of games to look out for, West Bromwich Albion.  Another local derby and also, Clare's team. 

Last season saw us finish 9th in the Premiership.  Our best finish for 51 years.  Here's hoping we capitalise on that this year.