Sunday 6 June 2010

Another Suny Day

Another sunny day and another walk along the towpath.  This was the best walk yet as we got to see kingfishers!!  2 of them.

We came across them toward the end of our walk.  I had been trying to take photos of a heron who we found sitting on the path underneath a motorway bridge. Each time I got closer it would fly a bit further down water.  Having followed  for a bit, we decided to turn round and head back. 

As I turned I saw a flash of blue, low over the water. We watched it swoop twice before turning and heading away with a fish.  As we watched another appeared.  I tried to take a photograph but they were too quick.  We waited and within a few minutes they were back. Again, I tried to take a photo but again no joy.  After about 15 minutes they disappeared.  We waited for a few minutes and when they never returned we decided it was time to head home. 

Here are a couple pictures of something that wasn't as quick as a kingfisher.  In fact it just stood there.