Wednesday 8 December 2010

The Trip

The Trip, BBC2's Monday night comedy written by Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon came to an end on Monday night but as I was out I only got round to seeing it last night. 

Playing themselves (or versions of themselves) they embark upon a culinary road trip and over the course of six meals at six different restaurants in and around the Lake District, Lancashire and the Yorkshire Dales, they find themselves debating the big questions of life, such as how did I get to be here and where do I go next, over a series of culinary delights.

Directed by Michael Winterbottom (24 Hour Party People, A Cock and Bull Story, Welcome To Sarajevo and 9 Songs) the programme is visually stunning, informative and very funny.

Apparently it is being released as a film in the New Year but as a series I've really enjoyed it and hope there is more to come in the future.