Friday 17 December 2010

My Top 5 Albums of 2010

Met up with a mate for a drink last night.  We met at The Coach House in Soliull.  It's office party season and it wasn't long before the place was full and the same old Christmas songs were being played at high volume, killing any chance of a decent conversation.

One of the things we managed to talk about was the best albums of 2010 and as everyone else seems to have posted their list it is time to do mine.   There have been some tremendous albums this year but would struggle to find ten albums I can say I really enjoy from start to finish. However, there are five and I have listed them below (in no particular order, except number 1)

1. Cherry Ghost - Beneath This Burning Shoreline

2. Darren Hayman - Essex Arms

3. All Darlin' - Allo Darlin'

4. Belle and Sebastian - Write About Love

5. School of Seven Bells - Disconnect From Desire

The first 3 albums on this list are fantastic and none of them have had the recognition they deserve. If I didn't already own these I would be happy to have any one of them as a Christmas Present!  If you are not familiar with them you really should check them out!