Monday 6 September 2010

Moseley Folk Festival Day 3

Sunday morning and despite the BBC saying it would be dry with sunny intervals I woke up to grey cloud which turned to rain.  It rained for most of the morning but despite this we headed off toward Moseley Park. It was quieter than the previous 2 days and I wondered if the weather had played a part or whether the line up had put people off.
Whatever the reason they missed some great acts. The highlight of the afternoon was The Destroyers. A great live act!  If their music doesn't get you up and dancing, or at least tapping your feet, then you may as well save your money and not bother going to any live music events.

Lunasa and Urban Folk Quartet also played great sets.

As the evening progressed The Unthanks took the stage.  I am not sure what I feel about them.  They have some great songs and I love the clog dancing but sometimes I find their shows a bit slow.  They were well received by the crowd who had moved to the front.

Cut a Shine had a large contingent of the crowd square dancing.  A great spectacle and something I'd not seen at Moseley before.

Then came the headline act.  The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.  Not only were they great musicians but also very funny.  Highlights were their version of Anarchy in The UK and Theme from Shaft. Brilliant!

All in all another great festival. The weekend flew by! I am already looking forward to next year!