Saturday 4 September 2010

Moseley Folk Festival Day 1

Yesterday was the first day of Moseley Folk Festival and what a good day it was!  The sun was shining and everyone was in good spirits.

The line up looked good with Erland and the Carnival, Fyfe Dangerfield, Turin Brakes, Divine Comedy and Beth Jeans Houghton and not one disappointed.

They all performed great sets.  Beth Jeans Houghton's show turned out to be fantastic after a slow start. A fantastic version of Nightswimmer sealed it for me.

Fyfe Dangerfield played a great set as did Turin Brakes and Erland and The Carnival.

Neil Hannon (Divine Comedy) was brilliant. I have no real knowledge of his back catalogue but after last night I intend to rectify that.  Although he lost me during one or two songs ( a touch too quiet) I really enjoyed the show and I will definitely go and see him again.

Today we have Donovan, High Llamas and The Low Anthem.  If they are as good as the bands yesterday I'm in for another great day!