Sunday 5 September 2010

Moseley Folk Festival Day 2

Saturday brought a slight drop in temperature and the odd spot of rain. It also brought Johnny Flynn. Despite only knowing a couple of his tunes I'd been looking forward to his set and was right to do so. He performed some great songs although he didn't play any of the songs I know.

High Llamas lost me. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I came away feeling slightly underwhelmed.  The Low Anthem, on the other hand, were great. Their American indie folk went down a storm with the Moseley crowd.

I enjoyed Goodnight Lenin but without a doubt Donovan was the highlight of the day.  A fantastic set that provided pretty much hit after hit.  Catch The Wind, Colours, Hurdy Gurdy Man, Sunshine Superman, Jennifer Juniper and so on.  Having left the stage after Mellow Yellow he returned for a great version of Atlantis. The crowd wanted more but unfortunately that was to be the end.

In all a mixed day both weather and music wise and a few problems with the sound but a great way to end the second night.