Saturday 12 March 2011

The Weekend So Far

With the earthquake (8.9 on the Richter scale), tsunami and possible nuclear catastrophe in Japan it doesn't seem right to say that my weekend has been pretty good so far.  Watching the footage on TV makes me thankful that I live in a place that is, geographically speaking, pretty safe.

That said, my weekend started by taking delivery of a copy of Autopia, the new album by Eat Lights Become Lights.  I have to say that Enraptured Records have a great system. I ordered it on Tuesday and yesterday it arrived in sturdy packaging ensuring my new LP was in pristine condition. I haven't had time to listen to it yet but I am really looking forward to putting the needle on the groove and kicking my feet up.

Today, the postman arrived with a couple of DVDs which Clare had ordered for me (Y Tu Mama Tambian and Red Road). A nice surprise and a lovely way to start a Saturday morning.

We were meeting friends for a walk this morning.  Originally the plan was to head up to Shropshire but our friend up there cancelled so we decided to stay local.  We ended up wandering the fields and lanes around Barston, stopping to each lunch in St Swithen's churchyard in Barston. Spring was most definitely in the air and it was quite warm especially when the sun came out.  Unfortunately as we were making the walk up as we went along it wasn't quite as long as usual.  It probably wasn't a bad thing though as it seemed to get colder towards the end and as I write it has started raining.

Getting home early meant I was able to catch the second half of the Blues vs Bolton in the FA Cup Quarter Finals.  Blues lost 3-2 ruling out another trip to Wembley.  To be honest, I'm not too bothered as with the danger of relegation looming we need to concentrate on staying in the Premier League.