Monday 21 March 2011

Antiques For Everyone, Not Quite

Yesterday, Clare and I headed to the NEC for Antiques For Everyone.  If you believe the write up then there is something to suit every budget.  This isn't the case.  What you get is a lot of stand offish dealers charging huge prices for silverware, paintings, glassware etc.

Don't get me wrong there are some lovely items and it's nice to have a stroll around looking at the stuff on offer.  My favourites being the art deco lamps and statues and a 17th century map of Warwickshire.  Yesterday was quite quiet unlike other events I've been to so it was actually quite a nice way to spend a Sunday. 

These shows run throughout the year and you can usually pick up free tickets.  The only thing I would say is, that unless you have a substantial amount of money, don't expect to come away with much.