Friday 18 February 2011

Eating Out

Tried the new place in Touchwood yesterday, Giraffe.  I believe it opened at the end of last year.

I popped in at lunchtime and it seemed quiet but filled up quite quickly.  I'd not heard of it before but my friend had eaten at the Milton Keynes branch and said it was nice.

I had the veggie breakfast off the Brunch Menu and washed it down with a coffee. The food itself was fine but at over 7 pounds it was a little on the expensive side.  For my money I got 2 x veggie sausage, scrambled egg, a small dollop of beans, 3 mushrooms and some potato wedges. On top of this were 3 small pieces of toast. The coffee, however, was lovely.

One the plus side side the food arrived quickly and the staff were polite, friendly and helpful.  All in all, not a bad experience but if I want a decent veggie breakfast I think I'll stick to Cherry Reds in Kings Heath.