Sunday 20 February 2011

Bargain Hunt

Clare had some shopping to do yesterday and so we headed to Leamington.  It turns out it was my day to get a bargain.
Having caught the train before I'd had a chance to have breakfast, first stop was The Cafe Regent.  Having had my 3rd veggie breakfast in a week and a couple of cups of coffee I was ready to face the shops.  If we are in Leamington we often use this place as it's cheap and cheerful and the staff are friendly enough.

Having wandered around for a bit we ended up at Head Records.  CD Albums at 99p were buy one get one free. An offer I couldn't refuse.

Afterwards we hit the shops again before heading to the Sozzled Sausage for a drink and a snack.  Again this is a regular place for Clare and I and, like the cafe, is cheap and cheerful with a friendly welcome. 

More shopping then home.  My stash for the day was 8 x CDs, 4 x 7" singles and 3 x books.  Total spent - £13.50. 

Oh one last thing, on the way back to the train station we passed The Pump Room Tea Rooms. The sign in the window made me laugh.