Sunday 11 September 2011

Films

I've not long got back from the cinema where I saw The Inbetweeners. 

The film version of the TV series sees the four lads head to Malia in search of sex, booze and more sex.  I have to say I was a little underwhelmed.  I like the TV series and was dubious about it being made into a film but the amount of people who said it was great meant I relented and headed for the cinema.

They're were some funny moments but for me it just seemed to amble along with no real plot.  Boys meet girls and despite some hiccups along the way all end up together. 

I don't think I was the only one in the audience who was slightly bored as one bloke even took a phonecall during the film. Usually I would be livid but in this case I could see his point.

Last night I watched another film.  The Be All and End All.  Again it's the story of young lads after sex.  This time it is two fifteen year old best friends, one of whom is diagnosed with a terminal illness.  Before he dies he wants to lose his virginity and so he charges his friend with the task of finding a suitable girl.

What could be quite a dark and harrowing film is actually very funny and the two lads played by Josh Bolt and Eugene Byrne have a real chemistry on screen. The rest of the cast were also great with Liza Tarbuck playing a fantastic role as the nurse Tina.

Like The Inbetweeners you can second guess the end but given the choice I know which one I'd watch again.