Tuesday 17 August 2010

The Wedding Present Download

I'm a little out of touch.  For example, I had no idea that Belle and Sebastian were playing Birmingham Symphony Hall in December until Clare told me yesterday. Luckily we were able to get tickets. 

Having bought those we also bought tickets to see The Wedding Present at The Assembly in Leamington.  It's 21 years since the release of Bizarro and to celebrate they are playing the album in it's entirety.

I love The Assembly.  It's a great venue and have seen some good bands there since it's launch.  Pete Doherty, Spiritualized, Razorlight and Half Man Half Biscuit.   The venue itself was redesigned by Lawrence Llewelleyn-Bowen and has won the Music Week Award for 'Best Live Music Venue' in 2010 and the award for 'Best Live Entertainment Venue' at the 2009 Godiva  Awards.

Anyway, to celebrate seeing my favourite band at my favourite venue here is a track taken from Bizarro.

Recorded live in Zagreb, earlier this year, this is Take Me!