Thursday 29 July 2010

Moving Out

You'd think I'd be used to this by now.  This will be the 7th time in the last 10 years and, as all my stuff is being stored,  I know I will have yet another move before I find somewhere to settle down. 

I'm looking forward to that as I have been separated from my record collection for the last 5 years. It's being stored at my parents.  I pay it a visit from time to time and usually find an LP or CD that I forgot I had.  I can't wait to get it back once and for all. Hopefully it won't be too long now before we are reunited and my parents get their spare bedroom back!

It's sad to be leaving here after nearly 2 years but it's time to move on.  I think I will miss the garden and all it's visitors the most. The fox, the Goldfinches and the butterflies have been great to watch and I've spent quite a lot of time out there doing exactly that. 

I'll also miss it's location.  The easy access to the canal and train station and just the general greenery of the area, although last week one of the neighbours cut down a beautiful willow tree that has been there for as long as I can remember.  It's really altered the view down the road now.

This is where the fun bit starts. My ideal place would still have a canal and train station at hand but would also have a decent pub nearby as well as a bookies and a bakery.  The area needs to have lots of trees and green spaces. I don't want to be out in the sticks. Need a town or city close by for gigs, theatre etc. Any suggestions?  I can't wait to start looking!

A very weird thing has happened.  I started writing this earlier and stopped when the removal van arrived. At the same time, another van pulled up opposite and nailed a for sale sign to the fence over the road.I'm not sure who owns the land opposite.  I think it was once part of the pub gardens and is basically just full of trees.  It's what I look out onto. It is is weird because I had been writing about the greenery and the willow tree being cut down and now all the trees over the road are in danger of being cut down too and the land developed.  I have taken this as a sign that it really is time to move on.  It will be a sad day when they go.

So, the majority of stuff has now been moved. The removal men were fantastic and the whole thing was done within 2 hours as I hadn't got far to go. Great stuff.  A weekend of finishing off and then it will all be done.  A new start!  It's exciting.