Monday 5 July 2010

Catching Up

Over the years I've lost count how many times I've climbed the Malvern Hills.  I'd also forgotten how steep some of the inclines are!  Although saying that, on Saturday,I found myself on a route I'd not taken before.  The first part of it must've been at least at a 45 degree angle!
Clare and I decided we were going to climb to the top of Worcestershire Beacon. At 425 metres it is the biggest of the hills.  It was a very warm day which made the climb that little bit more difficult.  It's always worth it though.  From the top you can look across seven counties and the breeze from the west went someway to cooling us down. 

After a rest, we descended via a more direct route. Back in town we headed straight for a cafe for a sandwich and a cold drink.  It was lovely.  Sitting outside watching the world go by.  We then browsed the antique and book shops.  Malvern isn't a big place so doesn't take too long to get round so, after a while, we headed for the train station.

Great Malvern is a lovely station and we sat and had another drink at a little cafe on the platform.  Our train home was waiting for us and with the driver sitting at the next table, having a couple of tea, there was no danger of missing it!

Once back I managed to catch some of the Spain versus Paraguay match.  Blimey, talk about an incident packed second half!  The biggest surprise though was when I saw the Germany 4  Argentina 0 scoreline.   Now I wouldn't have predicted that!

England's cricket team couldn't manage to finish the series on a high, losing to Australia in the final One Day International.  At least we still won the series 3-2.