Tuesday 25 May 2010

England v Mexico

I'm not going to talk too much about this as there will be plenty of football talk next month when the World Cup starts.  England won 3-1 last night, a good result but for some reason I just wasn't convinced. We didn't dominate and could have gone behind  couple of times in the first 30 minutes. There were some good points, Ledley King's and Glen Johnson's goals. Although King scored with a well placed header, defensively he made some mistakes.

As a Birmingham fan it was good to see Joe Hart get 45 minutes.  He deserved it after the season he had with Blues but I thought Robert Green played very well in the first half and deserves a place in the squad.  I would have liked to have seen Adam Johnson get more of game as I think he could bring something different to the team.

On the strength of the performance last night, I think we will be in for a roller coaster ride come June 12th.