Friday 15 July 2011

Stuff

Another weekend is upon us.  With rain forecast I may need a back up plan. 

It's not been a bad week and last night I caught up with a few mates and spent the evening at The Coach House in Solihull.  Sitting in the beer garden with a Gin & Tonic, the evening sunshine still warm on the back of my neck, it was great to be out with friends.

The rest of the week had been quiet but Clare and I did sit down on Tuesday to watch Made In Dagenham.  We meant to catch it at the cinema but for whatever reason never got round to it.

The film itself is a dramatization of the 1968 strike at the Ford Dagenham car plant, where female workers walked out in protest against sexual discrimination.

It has a pretty strong cast and a half decent period soundtrack.  All in all quite an enjoyable film but I don't think it will be on any best of lists.