Tuesday 30 November 2010

Where's The Snow?

We were promised snow overnight.  There was a flurry and a thin layer on the ground when I awoke this morning.  We were warned of wide spread disruption and chaos on the roads but it hasn't materialised yet.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily want the chaos the snow brings but it does come with some perks.  Snowball fights, sledging and so on.  As it stands we have the cold and ice but as yet no real snow fall.

I must mention England's performance in The Ashes.  The first Test in Brisbane is over and ended in a draw.  England trailing Australia by 221 runs after the first innings managed a total of 517-1 in the second!! 

Alastair Cook made 235 not out and broke the previous highest Test score at the Gabba set by Don Bradman (226). Andrew Strauss made 110 before being stumped and Jonathan Trott managed 135 not out before England declared.

The second Test starts on Friday I might stay up for it!